Friday, 5 December 2008

Trailer: Friday the 13th

The full trailer for Platinum Dunes' Friday the 13th remake has premiered, and can be seen HERE, over at BloodyDisgusting.com.

Now, I've not seen Friday the 13th. The big slasher franchises are something I need to get into still...Halloween is pretty much the only one I've seen. BD kindly posted the trailer to the original Friday the 13th, and from that I'd say the new trailer goes for the same feel only bigger and better, so to speak.

I think the trailer looks pretty good, aside from the title informing us that the film is 'Produced by Michael Bay'. How does that name sell a movie to people? Baffling. It does seem that Marcus Nispel is doing to this what he did to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - making it glossier and gorier.

So, if you know and/or love the original, what do you think of the trailer for the remake? And tell me - should I rush out and watch the original?

In other remake news: Universal might be remaking Creature from the Black Lagoon...I suppose it'll depend on how popular The Wolfman turns out!

No comments: