Thursday, 8 January 2009

News: Last House on the Left TRAILER


Just added to Apple.com is the trailer for Last House on the Left, which will also hit cinemas in the USA tomorrow with The Unborn.

Um. Beg my pardon, but the vibe I get from that trailer is 'THIS FILM WILL SUCK'. There's too much gloss, even the criminals don't look grimy - not even the pretty Hollywood grimy. My main issue is that Mari survives. There had been rumour that would be the case, but to have it really, really confirmed here just makes me think that the parents' revenge will seem a little less justified? I realise we can't rely on the trailer to get minor plot details across, but I'm not a fan of the set up (girls go into town and hang out with random boy) that's a bit changed from the original.

Also, the artwork currently being used (see apple.com or above) better be some sort of place holder art and not an indication of the marketing material. It looks like a LiveJournal layout.

I think it'll take a few more viewings to really pinpoint what bugs me about this trailer, but I don't like it at all. The trailer might just be horribly misrepresenting the film, I know, but I am not holding my breath that this will be a good film.

Any thoughts?

No comments: