Wednesday, 13 May 2009

News: Two-week Round Up!

Apologies for going AWOL - pesky dissertation writing gets in the way of blogging, but if it's of any consolation, I was writing about horror remakes the whole time! So, what have I missed?

Halloween 2 - The utterly terrible new poster for the film was unveiled...what do you think? It really is really real, and not fanmade, which surprised me, seeing as it looks like it was put together by a partially-sighted, computer-illiterate four year old.

Piranha 3D - Lots of new casting, including Paul Scheer and Christopher Lloyd, and some behind-the-scenes photos.

The Crazies - Here's a little bit of behind-the-scenes footage from the shoot. Of course, I can't view it, thank you very much MTV international viewing restrictions, so do let me know if it's any good!

The Echo - arriving quite late in the 'let's remake every Asian horror ever' game, the trailer for this film does not sell it at all well, despite picking up quite nicely in the last 30 seconds of what seems like a 3-hour trailer.

And, three new horror remakes on the slate: William Castle's I Saw What You Did is being remade by the guys behind My Bloody Valentine 3D; Korean film 301/302 is being remade as 10A/10B, and will star Marisa Tomei and Liv Tyler; and finally Darren Bousman, of Saw and Repo! fame is remaking the Troma film Mother's Day. Phew!

No comments: