Tuesday, 8 September 2009

News: Suspiria to Shoot in 2010


It's being reported today that the long-rumoured remake of Dario Argento's frankly untouchable Suspiria will begin shooting next year, produced by Luca Guadagnino and directed by David Gordon Green.

Are you asking who?!?! like I did? Green is the guy who directed Pineapple Express...and some other stuff. Although Empire claims that he makes "visually beautiful dramas". I can just hear the trailer voice over now..."Do the teachers hide a terrible secret? Or are the students just a bunch of stoners? From the director of Pineapple Express, comes the year's most disturbing horror-comedy!"

There's been a persistent rumour that Natalie Portman will take the role of Suzy Bannion. Now, I love Natalie Portman. I think she's talented, and intelligent, and funny, and gorgeous. I'd certainly rather her in the lead role than, I dunno, Julianna Guill. However, I don't think an actress of Portman's calibre will make any difference to the possibility of this remake being any good.

No comments: